Industry best practice in interpretive techniques.
Effortlessly detect patterns, anomalies and relationships in your geoscience data.
Start your FREE ioGAS™ Trial Today
Download the latest version of ioGAS™ by clicking on the links below. Maintained clients can install this version over the top of your current 6.2 installation. For more information about what’s new in ioGAS™ 6.3.1 please refer to the Help file within ioGAS™.
Download Add-in for ArcGIS Pro
Import ioGAS™ attribute map symbology and supporting data into ArcGIS Pro.
What’s new in ioGAS™ 6.3.1?
The latest ioGAS™ version contains the following new features:
Support for IMDEXHUB-IQ Database
REFLEXHUB-IQ is transitioning to the new name IMDEXHUB-IQ during 2017. Import XRF, IQ-LOGGER, EX-GAMMA, EZ-GYRO, EX-TRAC, TN14 and ACT III tool data stored as saved searches in an IMDEXHUB-IQ database directly into ioGAS. XRF data opens directly into the ioGAS XRF Import Utility for detection limit replacement handling prior to import.
Import Random Subsample
Import a random subset of a large csv or text data file based on percentage or absolute number of rows. Subsample parameters saved to Change Log file.
Gridding and Contouring
When a stereonet contains a large number of structural measurements captured across different geological terrains, generating a point density grid can assist in identifying where structural data is most concentrated. Contouring the data density at selected intervals and colour attributing samples by contour region enables samples of interest to be flagged for further follow-up.
Point density and contours
Filled contours and colour attributed structural measurements
Robust (Fast MCD) Algorithm
Minimum covariance determinant (MCD) is a highly robust estimator of multivariate location and scatter. The Fast MCD algorithm splits large datasets into groups using an iterative method that is refined for speed and includes extra intelligence to quickly discard initial subsets that are not likely to result in optimal results.
Available for use in the ioGAS principal components analysis, Mahalanobis distance, Mahalanobis distance ellipse and the anomaly assessment tools.
Fast MCD algorithm as defined by Rousseuw, P.J. and Van Driessen, K. (1999). A Fast Algorithm for the Minimum Covariance Determinant Estimator. Technometrics, 41(3), 212-223.
PCA Biplot & Scree Plot
2D or 3D multivariate method used in principal components analysis (PCA) to display variable analysis (R-mode) and sample analysis (Q-mode) in a single plot. Samples plot as points and variables as vectors. The length of the vectors is proportional to the variability of the displayed principal components. The direction of the vector and proximity to the samples indicates how heavily the sample position is influenced by that variable.
2D biplot of RQ1 v RQ2
3D biplot of RQ1 v RQ3
Visual representation of principal component vs eigenvalue in descending order.
Scree plot tab in PCA report
Distance – Distance Plot
- Classical Mahalanobis Distance vs robust Fast MCD Mahalanobis Distance
- Colour attribute by quadrant
Multidimensional data outliers colour attributed by D-D plot quadrant
Variable Importance Plots
Based on the All-Possible Subsets procedure and applied to a dataset containing colour groups. Determine the variables with the most discriminating power to allocate samples to the pre-defined groups and use as input variables for the Discrimination Projection Analysis.
Variable importance subset and corresponding variables
Calculate WGS84 Long/Lat Columns
Convert East and North map grid coordinates to WGS84 Lat/Long decimal degrees for Google Earth KMZ export.
Export MapInfo TAB Files from ioGAS 64-bit
Available for Attribute Map and Ranked Variable Map exports.
View actual memory used by ioGAS as a fraction of available memory
Support for ioGAS-Geoscience ANALYST Link
Edit menu removed and options moved to following locations:
- Window>Copy Window
- Data>Remove Columns & Data>Remove Invisible Rows
- Add valid data row information in tooltip
Generate Random Subsample
- Display seed number
- Regenerate subsample on-the-fly using same or different seed number
- Re-designed dialog to find and remove columns that contain all null values or redundant data that are multiples of another column
- Change visible checkbox in Data View to Y/N
- Display correlation by group
- Add row count of visible samples to Pair/Multivariate modes
- Display column and row total, percentage, mean, median, SD, COV, min & max
- Delta curve now shows difference between K and the next K (shift 1 K to the left)
- Display SS and Delta values on separate Y axes
Self Organising Map
- BMU-Row, BMU-Column & SOM Group Name columns added to dataset
Principal Components Analysis
- Element name in tooltips on scaled coordinate plots
- Display XY report containing regression calculation by colour group
- Display message in status bar for XY and Probability plots when lambda calculation does not converge
- Save as EMF or EPS vector file
- Zoom to any visible colour group on right-mouse pop-up menu
- Double-click in plot window zooms to data
- Close dialogs using Esc key
- Common Plot settings renamed Style Settings