A: We have identified an issue in some systems where graphical artifacts are present in the Attribute Manager and other dialogues. One example of this is when a user moves his mouse across the screen, the page duplicates itself and the program becomes unusable. The problem occurs mostly when using the attribute manager and the edit graph properties windows.
This issue is caused when Java cannot render ioGAS™ succesfully using Direct 3D. If you are experiencing display glitches or rendering artifacts in ioGAS™, you can force ioGAS™ to not use Direct 3D. There are a number of ways of doing this:
1) Update your Java to the latest version.
You can download a copy of Java from the following link:
The version you require should be detected automatically but if not download the latest version for 64-bit Windows.
Once installed please do the following:
Go to Java Control Panel (this will be under your Windows Control Panel, Java)
– Under Java, click View
– Under User type in -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false in Runtime Parameters
– Click OK, then Apply.
– Run ioGAS and see if this resolves the issue.
2) Alternatively, if you already have the latest version of Java installed and the issue still persists:
1) Go to the installation directory of ioGAS™, e.g. C:\Program Files\ioAnalytics\ioGAS-64\
– Find a file called run.bat within this directory and make a copy of the file. Place the copy in another folder.
– Edit the run.bat file using a text editor and add this string to the end of the file: -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
– Make sure to leave a space between the last letter in the file and the string above
– Save the run.bat file and try starting ioGAS™ using the run.bat file (by double-clicking on it)