The El Toqui Mining Project, operated by Laguna Gold, is located in the far south of Chile. Ground conditions and the presence of magnetic infastructure underground make a fast, gyro-based survey method critical for success.
At Toqui, measurements were previously made with a magnetic survey tool, however, even after the most stringent QA/QC was applied to the results, a high level of accuracy could not be guaranteed due to magnetic interference from infastructure.
- Surveyed 10x faster and more accurately than traditional methods, allowing more time for drilling
- Increased confidence in the accuracy in the measurement path of the drill hole
- A stringent QA/QC process was undertaken to ensure accuracy of the directional survey data
- Eliminated risk of drill hole collapse
- Removed magnetic interference as a risk.
REFLEX, leaders in gyroscopic survey technology, proposed to survey the borehole using the REFLEX GYRO SPRINT-IQ™
. This instrument is the fastest, most accurate north seeking gyro in the minerals market. A trial was conducted to test the efficiency, accuracy and reliability in comparison with the traditional magnetic method.
The REFLEX GYRO SPRINT-IQ™ operates in continuous, single shot, multi shot and overshot modes and provides highly accurate survey data at speeds of up to 150m per minute. With this tool, critical decisions can be made quickly and with confidence using IMDEXHUB-IQ™ to verify, visualize and analyze data.